Live Wedding Painting
- 18"x24" / Local: $1,700.00
- 18"x24" / Nearby: $1,900.00
- 18"x24" / Overnight: $2,400.00
- 20"x30" / Local: $2,000.00
- 20"x30" / Nearby: $2,200.00
- 20"x30" / Overnight: $2,700.00
- 24"x36" / Local: $2,600.00
- 24"x36" / Nearby: $2,800.00
- 24"x36" / Overnight: $3,400.00
- 30"x40" / Local: $3,600.00
- 30"x40" / Nearby: $3,800.00
- 30"x40" / Overnight: $4,600.00
Commission a truly one-of-a-kind experience. I come on-location to paint your wedding as it happens. You and your guests get to enjoy the creative process as your painting develops right before your eyes.
What to expect:
- Phone call with artist before wedding to discuss what moment the couple wants painted.
- 1-2 hour early arrival to set-up a single location and start sketches/painting.
- Up to 4 hours live painting at the event, finishing by 9pm.
- Majority of the painting is finished during the event. Final detail work from the studio is also included.
- Painting includes the couple in detail with up to six additional guest in a limited painterly artistic style. Upgrades available.
- Artist encourages guest to interact by watching, taking photos, and even help paint the canvas!
- Up to $1,000,000 of liability insurance coverage.
I'm happy to discuss what would work best for you and your wedding.
- 18"x24" - Standard
- 20"x30" - Midsize
- 24"x36" - Large (most popular size)
- 30"x40" - Premium
Artistic Style & Level of Detail:
My artistic style is perfect for any wedding. I paint the majority of your portrait on-site to capture the essence of your event for an everlasting memory. I complete painting detail in my studio after the event and professional packaging and shipping of your canvas as needed. Pricing reflects painting the bride and groom in detail, including their faces as necessary, and up to six identifiable people in my impressionistic style. If you would like the painting to capture increased individual detail, additional individuals or faces, intricate architecture, place settings, or other details, please contact me to discuss upgrade pricing.
I travel to and from your event with the canvas, easel, and supplies. I'm also happy to discuss air travel or any special concerns and costs.
The costs for travel are determined according to the venue location on this map. Please zoom in to verify which zone your venue is located. The map accounts for approximate travel time and expense, possible traffic, and consideration of mountain/rural road conditions. See full screen map.
- Local: Great for weddings in Knoxville, TN, including Dara's Garden, Hunter Valley, The Quarry, Bleak House, The Standard, and other great venues in the Knoxville area.
- Nearby: Covers many popular destinations nearby, such as Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Blackberry Farm, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Castleton Farms, and more!
- Overnight: Destinations requiring an overnight stay with drives up to four hours. The price already includes my travel and accommodations costs. A great value to those in many wonderful nearby cities, such as Chattanooga, TN, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, Charlotte, NC, Louisville, KY, Tri-cities, TN, Lexington, KY, and more!
- Flight: For destinations beyond a four hour drive, I ask clients to cover my travel costs from Knoxville, TN. Approximate costs generally consist of:
- Continental USA: Overnight pricing + flight + hotel transfers + 3 night hotel
- International: Overnight pricing + flight + hotel transfers + 5 night hotel
- I schedule travel time to arrive early enough to account for delays, recuperate from jet lag, finish the painting on site, and arrange canvas pickup. Shipping the canvas each way can be more expensive than accommodations. I am happy to provide a quote when you are ready to book!
- You can choose to have your canvas horizontal or vertical.
- Common moments to capture are: ceremony, first kiss, just announced Mr & Mrs, first dance, and cake cutting.
- I can occasionally change object shapes and locations, such as superimposing the wedding cake into the scene. One superimposed item is included in the pricing.
- “Sometimes rain is a good thing!” 🎶 If it rains on your wedding day, I try to capture the rainwater in my paint to have it permanently incorporated in your canvas.
- I offer notecard prints of your painting which you can use as thank-you cards or first Christmas cards.
- I encourage participation! It is usually no problem for guests to watch, chat, and photograph as I paint. Given my history as an art instructor, I sometimes even allow your guests to contribute to your painting!
Reservation & Payment
Once your payment is received, I will make the necessary reservations and confirm with you that your date is booked! In addition to reserving your date on my calendar, I book travel, book a hotel, coordinate with your venue or wedding planner, order your canvas, and more. Due to these requirements, your payment is required to book your event and refunds cannot be issued if you cancel.