Live Wedding Painting
Commission a truly one-of-a-kind experience. I come on-location to paint your wedding as it happens. You and your guests get to enjoy the creative process as your painting develops right before your eyes.
What to expect:
- Up to 1 hour phone call with artist ~3 weeks before wedding to discuss what moment the couple wants painted.
- 1-2 hour early arrival to set-up a single location and start sketches/painting.
- Up to 4 hours live painting at the event, finishing by 9pm.
- Majority of the painting is finished during the event. Final detail work from the studio is also included.
- Painting includes the couple in detail with a painterly artistic style. We can discuss upgrading to add additional people during your consultation call.
- Artist encourages guest to interact by watching, taking photos, and even help paint the canvas!
- Up to $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.
If you're having trouble deciding on a size, I usually recommend you choose the smaller one. We can discuss sizing options during our consultation call in case you choose to upgrade at that time.
- 18"x24" - Standard
- 20"x30" - Midsize
- 24"x36" - Large (most popular size)
- 30"x40" - Grand
Artistic Style & Level of Detail:
My artistic style is perfect for any wedding. I paint the majority of your portrait on-site to capture the essence of your event for an everlasting memory. I complete painting detail in my studio after the event and can professionally package and ship the painting to you. Pricing reflects painting the couple in detail, including their faces as necessary, and up to four identifiable people in my impressionistic style.
Upgrade to add additional people. If you would like the painting to capture increased individual detail, intricate fabrics, complex architecture, or other details, please contact me to discuss upgrade pricing.
Pricing is customized to your specific venue location and date for most locations within the southeastern USA. The price includes all lodging and travel costs. I bring the canvas, easel, and supplies. Please note that my calendar fills quickly, so check with me to confirm your date is available! Below are some of my most popular locations:
- Local: Weddings in Knoxville, TN, such as Marbelgate Farm, Hiwassee River Wedding & Events, Dara's Garden, Sunsphere, Kincaid House, The Quarry, Bleak House, The Standard, Press Room, Jackson Terminal, Knoxville Museum of Art, Ancient Lore Village, and other great venues in the Knoxville area.
- Nearby: Many popular destinations in East Tennessee, such as Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville,
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, The Magnolia Venue, The Trillium Venue, Blackberry Farm, Anakeesta, Castleton Farms, Dollywood, and more!
- Regional: I love painting weddings in the many wonderful nearby southern cities, such as:
- Tennessee: Chattanooga, Nashville, and Tri-cities, TN
- North Carolina: Asheville, Charlotte, Boone, Winston-Salem, NC
- Georgia: Marietta, Alpharetta, North GA
- Kentucky: Louisville, Lexington KY
- Virginia: Blacksburg, Roanoke, VA
- Alabama: Huntsville, Birmingham, AL
- South Carolina: Greenville, Anderson, SC
- And more!
- Flight: For destinations requiring special travel plans, such as island beach destination weddings! My availability for these is limited, so contact me to check your date.
- Common moments to capture are: ceremony, first kiss, just announced Mr & Mrs, first dance, candid moment, or artist choice.
- You can choose to have your canvas horizontal or vertical.
- I can change object shapes and locations, such as superimposing the wedding cake into the scene. One superimposed item is included.
- “Sometimes rain is a good thing!” 🎶 If it rains on your wedding day, I try to capture the rainwater in my paint to have it permanently incorporated in your canvas.
- I offer notecard prints of your painting which you can use as thank-you cards or first Christmas cards.
- I love participation! It is usually no problem for guests to watch, chat, and photograph as I paint. Given my history as an art instructor, I sometimes even allow your guests to contribute to your painting!
Reservation & Payment
Please be sure to confirm that your date is available prior to booking. Once your payment is received, I will make the necessary reservations and confirm with you that your date is booked! In addition to reserving your date on my calendar, I book travel, book a hotel, coordinate with your venue or wedding planner, order your canvas, and more. Due to these requirements, your payment is required to book your event and refunds cannot be issued if you cancel. *Dates that fall on Holidays may have an additional fee, please reach out for more details*